You can do affiliate Marketing on Facebook but it needs to be done the right way, Facebook has rules against spam. Also I wouldn’t recommend promoting your affiliate business using your personal account. You’re friends are unlikely to be your target audience – you just risk getting blocked by them. People generally don’t like being advertised to.
Free Facebook Marketing
Affiliate marketing done the free way often isn’t easy and usually involves joining multiple groups relevant to your niche and sharing posts on a regular bases. Again it’s best not to use your personal account, just in case you end up being accused of spamming and end up getting your account deactivated.
Also if you decide on the free method I don’t advise marketing directly and often – for example sending posts with affiliates links. You could perhaps offer something free, such as an eBook, and add the affiliate links within the eBook itself.
From my own experience Facebook does allow you to use affiliate links within your images, and post these in Facebook groups. However you will find that many groups are closed, not very active or require approval from the group’s administer before you can join. Some will allow you to post on their timeline, others require approval before your post is published and then there are groups that totally forbid any advertising or promotions. You may also find that many of the groups aren’t very active.
Create your own Facebook Group
You’re better off creating your own Facebook page which is targeted toward your niche audience. Unless someone is interested in your offers, this will prevent unwanted advertising and links landing directly in peoples feeds.
To get others to join your group you should provide value and foster that niche, treating it like a community, offering advice, useful information or tools. I’ve found sharing Free stuff to be a very effective way of marketing as people love freebies and they can be used as an incentive to pay for complete offers.
You should then occasionally provide affiliate products or services in a post, making sure the product or service you’re offering is of high value and very relevant to your audience.
One way I earn money online is using AdGate Media. You could provide a free offer such as a free eBook, digital product or offer and then use AdGate media to force visitors to complete a survey before they can access your free content. Only after they’ve completed the survey do they get access to the offer and you get paid around $1 for each survey completed. AdGate media creates a targeted campaign and has the highest pay-outs in the market! Check out the following video:
Paid Facebook Advertising
If you don’t have the patience or time to create value, you can always target a specific audience with paid Facebook advertising. This will enable you to target a particular location, age, gender, interest etc
Tips for Creating Ads on Facebook
Here are some tips to increase the conversion rate of your ad. They can make all the difference between making a profit and losing money.
1. I’ve found that images work better than purely text ads and images that include people tend to work best.
2. Know your target audience. Are they young or old, male or female, professional or non-professional. Make sure the ad is laser focused towards that group.
3. Once you know your target audience ask yourself what is the biggest problem your customer is going to solve by using the product? Provide the emotional benefits in the title. For example “Stop Losing Money… “, “Stop Wasting Time…. , “Give up your Day Job”, or “Never Fear …. Ever again”
4. The biggest hurdle against people purchasing your product is the fear of losing money. Consider providing a guarantee – for example “If you’re not Satisfied I’ll give you your Money Back”, or “Free 30 Day trial”. Or include a Free Bonus that comes with the product, which is itself of value.
5. If possible provide social proof. For example a testimonial, number of current users etc .
6. Creating a sense of urgency can encourage people to buy now. For example a discount that expires soon, or an offer that’s only temporary.
7. Use a call to action. People need to be told what to do. This is a trigger phrase such as Download our eBook Now, Claim your Spot, Try it for Free
8. Make sure you stay consistent. When the visitor clicks the Ad it should take them to a landing page that reinforces the ad with similar images, features, Bonuses, targeted toward the same audience.
Test different Ads
Some ads will be more effective than others and the only way to find out is to test, test test. Test both the ads themselves and also different audiences to see which audience is most responsive.
You should monitor your campaign closely to see if it’s effective. You may decide that your ad isn’t converting very well and requires a different approach, for example a different image or text which converts better, a special offer or it may just be the case that the niche just isn’t worth pursuing.