Unique Rewards claims to be a reward site that pays you for answering surveys, clicking ads, reading emails, even watching videos and listening to music. You’re probably wondering whether the site is actually legit as I did. I tried to answer that question and here’s what I discovered.
What is Unique Rewards?
It started operations in 2003 in Oberlin, Ohio and is currently headed by CEO Mr. Oleg Gradel. I tried to do some further research on Mr. Oleg Gradel and the only information I could find was a Linkedin page with no profile pic and little information. However, that doesn’t mean Unique Rewards is a scam. It could just mean that the owner isn’t keen on social media.
How Does Unique Rewards Work?
You will first need to sign up for free. At the time of writing Unique Rewards was only accepting members from the US, UK and Canada. After you’ve signed up you’re then given the option of completing various surveys and offers. These include:
Online Surveys — Complete Online Surveys that are free but sometimes require you to submit your credit card details.
Paid To Click Ads — Click on adverts after watching them for a set amount of time and earn a few cents in the process.
Watch Videos — Watch videos that are basically adverts and get paid based on how long the video lasts.
Cash-back on Shopping — Cash-back on Shopping gives you a percentage cash back just for shopping online through UniqueRewards. Simply choose a product, make a purchase and receive up to 35% cash rebate credited to your UniqueRewards account.
Reading Email — Every email you receive contains an offer which has to be completed. After you complete the offer you will earn 1 cent.
Referrals — Get $5 for each new member you Invite and earn 10% of their earnings
Once you’ve earned over $20 you gain premium member status which means you earn more money for completing each reward.
What you can Expect
When you sign up you’re required to enter basic information about yourself such as your name, address, telephone, email etc.
After I signed up I was only presented with one option. This was a short survey from a company called Netratings. After completing the short survey, I was asked to download and install a PC application from www.nielsennetpanel.com. The file is called netsight_setup from Nielsen // NetRatings. However, I wouldn’t recommend installing it. The application is difficult to uninstall and according to others it consumes a lot of resources and causes audio problems. However, it doesn’t appear to be malware.
I skipped the part that involved downloading and installing the software and not long after I was presented with some better options as you can see below:
There are many different offers. These include Offers/Surveys, OfferWalls, Polls, Clicks, and Videos. The Surveys or offers are quite varied and include Research Projects, Free Trials, Membership Clubs, Registration Offers and Daily Surveys. I would avoid the Downloads category just in case some of the applications you download contain malware.
Unique Rewards pays through Payapl or Check which can take about 7 days to process your cash-out request. However, some have claimed they never received any money when cashing out and were unable to contact customer support. The minimum balance for cashing out is $20.
Who is Unique Rewards For
For people on a low income who want to supplement their income
Unique Rewards Support
The only available method of contacting their company is via email.
Unique Rewards Price
It’s currently free to join
Pros and Cons
- Free $5 sign-up bonus for new members
- Get $5 referral bonus plus 10% of whatever your referral earns over their lifetime.
- Large variation of tasks and different categories making the work less tedious.
- You can accumulate fairly significant cash backs by signing up for trial offers.
- A user rating system for each reward so you can be sure that others have had a good experience and found them to be profitable.
- You get the chance to complain if a particular award was a waste of time and Unique Awards will remove the offer.
- You can sort the Offers by Profitability, Reward Amount or Popularity.
- Low minimum payout balance of $20.
- Not available to users who live outside of the USA, Canada, and the UK
- Some people have complained that Unique Rewards failed to pay them
- Some of the offers will earn you very little
Unique Rewards Tips
- Make sure to check out the user ratings that have been left by other members who have completed those offers. This will give you an idea as to whether those rewards are any good or not.
- Make sure there no popup blockers or Ad-blocking software preventing you from completing the offers
- Occasionally you may fail to get credit but clearing your cookies and cache before logging into Unique Rewards can solve this problem
- Set your browser to accept all cookies so that you get credited
- To prevent spam I recommend getting a second email account. That way if you get offers and spam from various companies it won’t end up in your primary email account.
- Be wary of any Awards that require you to download a file as it could be adware/spyware.
- The highest rewards come from signing up to Free Trials using a credit card. However if you don’t cancel the free trial you can end up being charged more than you actually make.
Unique Awards Alternatives
Survey Junkie — Survey junkie provides nothing, but surveys and they advertise themselves as the most popular survey site online. SurveyJunkie.com has over 7 million members and was launched on Oct 6, 2005.
Swagbucks — Swagbucks is essentially a search engine that pays you in the form of “swag bucks” for using it. There are plenty of other ways to obtain swag bucks too, like taking surveys, playing games, and cutting coupons, but it’s predominantly a search engine.
MyPoints Surveys — MyPoints is a rewards program website where members can collect reward Points by making online purchases from certain retailers. It’s also a website that offers many other ways of collecting incentives for great gifts. It also includes online survey’s.
Ipsos iSay — Ipos iSay strictly focuses on survey’s. Every time you complete a survey, you’re invited to play what’s known as Poll Predictor, where you guess what percentage of people answer “Yes” to different questions. You’re awarded “chances” based on how close your guess is and you can use these chances to enter into Ipsos i-Say’s prize draws.
FusionCash.com — FussionCash is more than an online survey site. You have a number of choices to earn cash including completing offers by trying out a product or testing out software. You can also complete Surveys just like SurveyJunkie except you can also earn cashback on purchases you make at different online retailers. There are also paid to call opportunities, watching videos and completing tasks. FusionCash is only available for residents of the United States.
Unique Awards Review
Name: Unique Awards
Owners: CEO Mr. Oleg Gradel
Overall Rank: 3 out of 10
Would I recommend Unique Rewards?
No, because like all online survey sites or reward sites the earnings are very low. Also from the reviews I’ve read online the experiences are somewhat mixed, with some claiming to have received earnings and others claiming to have been cheated out of their time. It should also be noted that according to the Better Business Bureau there’s been 5 complaint(s) filed against business that include not receiving any money after completing the required work.
What Do I Recommend?
If you’re someone who’s interested in earning a real online income, you want to be financially independent and be your own boss you’ve probably searched online for work at home opportunities only to be confused by all the information out there and the number of business opportunities baying for your attention. It’s difficult to separate the wheat from the weeds or know where to start. To make matters worse, the online world changes very fast.
That’s where Wealth Affiliate can help you. It’s free to join and ideal for those getting started in affiliate marketing. If you’re looking for a 100% legit way to make money, by owning your own online business it provides the best training online along with the most helpful and friendly community online, with all the support to get you building your online business.
They will show you everything you need to know to become a successful affiliate. They will even help you create your own website, provide up-to-date step-by-step training, keyword research, and you can join their online community and get professional help. Just create a 100% Free account today.