I enjoy sharing my opinion, so I’ve tried a few Online Survey sites where you get paid for answering questions. While most are legit I’ve discovered they’re very low paying and tedious.
If you think you can make a living online completing survey’s, think again. You’re talking about a few bucks a week. Don’t believe claims stating $100 a day. These are affiliates trying to recruit people to join Survey Junkie.
Anyway, I thought I’d give Survey Junkie a try. I’m not an affiliate for Survey Junkie so here’s my honest review.
What is Survey Junkie?
Survey Junkie is one of the most popular online survey sites which allow registered users to earn money and rewards for participating in online survey’s. The answers to these surveys are then used to help companies and brands improve their products and services. SurveyJunkie.com was launched in 2005 and has millions of members.
What you can Expect
Before you start answering survey’s you’ll first have to create an account with a username and password. You should then fill out some personal information in your profile. This includes things such as consumer preferences, age, location, contact info etc. This information is then used to match you with companies that want your opinion.
Once you’ve earned enough points it becomes time to redeem them. The minimum that you can redeem is 1,000 points which is equal to $10.00. These points are converted into payments that are sent to you via PayPal or placed on a e-GiftCard.
You will hear some claim that Survey Junkie provides surveys that are worth 300 points and take 10 minutes to complete. However, this is misleading as it’s unlikely that you’ll qualify for such surveys and these are rare. The majority of the surveys that are any good are around 20-50 points and will take 10-20mins.
While Survey Junkie won’t make you a lot of money, if you like reviewing products and giving your opinion in your spare time than give it a go. It can supplement your existing income.
Who is Survey Junkie For
Survey Junkie is for people who enjoy sharing their opinion and want to supplement their existing income with a few extra dollars a week. Survey Junkie doesn’t require any skills. It only requires the ability to use a computer and answer questions. It’s good for those without skills who want to earn a few extra dollars from home.
Survey Junkie Support
You can search their Help Center by entering a search term or browsing by topic. If you want direct help they offer customer support if you can’t find an answer to your question.
Survey Junkie Price
Survey Junkie is Free to join
Pros and Cons
- It’s FREE – . It doesn’t cost a dime to join so you have nothing to lose, except your time ?.
- Can be Fun – There are multiple genres and creative formats, so it doesn’t get taxing to complete each survey.
- Multiple Reward Methods – You can choose to be rewarded via Paypal, or an e-GiftCard which you can use online.
- Get credited Straight Away – You’ll get credited as soon as you complete a survey so there’s no delay crediting your rewards.
- Instant Rewards – Once you reach the required redeemable amount your rewards arrive immediately! There are no checks or physical gift cards.
- User Friendly – One of the most user-friendly survey sites when it comes to their interface.
- Receive points even if you don’t Qualify – If you don’t qualify for a survey they’ll still reward you a few cents for giving it a try.
- Low payment threshold – Has a Low $10 payout threshold so you won’t have to complete as many surveys as some sites.
- Great Reviews — At the time of writing this review Survey Junkie had a 4 star review from Trust Pilot which is considered Great, a 5 star review would be considered excellent.
- Sometimes you Don’t Qualify — Many have complained that they don’t qualify for the survey as they belong to the wrong demographics. Some demographics are more popular and in demand than others.
- Occasional Glitch — Although I have not experienced this myself some have complained of the occasional glitch where you hit a screen that says temporarily down.
- High Paying Survey’s Rare — The surveys range from almost zero dollars up to five dollars but the five dollar surveys are very rare.
- Geographic Limitation — Unfortunately you must reside in the US, Canada, or Australia.
Survey Junkie Tips
- Profile Creation — While this step is optional I would highly recommend that you fill in your profile thoroughly as Survey Junkie will give you more surveys to fill out in future. Plus, you will also earn points once your profile is filled out.
- Beware — The higher paid surveys often require you to complete an offer on a third-party site which can end up being a waste of time or even a scam. Try to avoid surveys that require an extra hoop to jump though, especially if they offer money for a conference call or a free test product that you never receive or get to test.
- Verified PayPal Account — Make sure you have a verified PayPal account otherwise you cannot receive payments. In order to have a verified PayPal account you must provide information to PayPal to prove your identity.
- Make sure you Qualify — Try to make sure you qualify for a survey first otherwise it can be a waste of time.
- Prevent Spam — To prevent spam it’s a good idea to have a second email account. That way if you get offers and spam from various companies it won’t end up in your primary email account.
- Don’t violate the terms and conditions — It goes without saying that violating their terms and conditions may lead to your account being closed for no apparent reason
Survey Junkie Alternatives
Swagbucks — Swagbucks is essentially a search engine that pays you in the form of “swag bucks” for using it. There are plenty of other ways to obtain swag bucks too, like taking surveys, playing games, and cutting coupons, but it’s predominantly a search engine.
MyPoints Surveys — MyPoints is a rewards program website where members can collect reward Points by making online purchases from certain retailers. It’s also a website that offers many other ways of collecting incentives for great gifts. It also includes online survey’s.
Ipsos iSay — Ipos iSay strictly focuses on survey’s. Every time you complete a survey, you’re invited to play what’s known as Poll Predictor, where you guess what percentage of people answer “Yes” to different questions. You’re awarded “chances” based on how close your guess is and you can use these chances to enter into Ipsos i-Say’s prize draws.
MySurvey — Similar to Survey Junkie although processing time for payments are around 4-8 weeks and Mysurvey has a lot more negative reviews than Survey Junkie, with users reporting few survey invitations, sometimes as few as a couple a month.
FusionCash.com — FussionCash is more than an online survey site. You have a number of choices to earn cash including completing offers by trying out a product or testing out software. You can also complete Surveys just like SurveyJunkie except you can also earn cashback on purchases you make at different online retailers. There are also paid to call opportunities, watching videos and completing tasks. FusionCash is only available for residents of the United States.
Survey Junkie Review
Name: Survey Junkie
Overall Rank: 5 out of 10
I think this is the best survey site I’ve tried so far for several reasons. The surveys are more enjoyable to complete and straightforward. The user Interface is simple and user friendly. While I find some survey’s to be more tedious than others I do like the fact that Survey Junkie provides multiple genres and creative formats, so it doesn’t get taxing to complete each survey.
The best thing about Survey Junkie is that it’s easy and pays out in eGiftCard rewards or a payment directly into your PayPal account.
Would I recommend Survey Junkie?
No, because like all online survey sites the earnings are still very low. You’re talking about a few dollars a week. Survey Junkie won’t replace a full-time or even a part-time salary. I would rather earn a real income doing real work online, whether that be internet marketing or contract work.
What Do I Recommend?
If you’re someone who’s interested in earning a real online income, you want to be financially independent and be your own boss you’ve probably searched online for work at home opportunities only to be confused by all the information out there and the number of business opportunities baying for your attention. It’s difficult to separate the wheat from the weeds or know where to start. To make matters worse, the online world changes very fast.
That’s where Wealth Affiliate can help you. It’s free to join and ideal for those getting started in affiliate marketing. If you’re looking for a 100% legit way to make money, by owning your own online business it provides the best training online along with the most helpful and friendly community online, with all the support to get you building your online business.
They will show you everything you need to know to become a successful affiliate. They will even help you create your own website, provide up-to-date step-by-step training, keyword research, and you can join their online community and get professional help. Just create a 100% Free account today.